Increasing the sale of Polish tomatoes is a main idea of the promotion of the Polish Tomato, raising the confidence level to the domestic producer, strengthening and enhancing purchase trends, deepening the knowledge of recipients (of consumers) about the origin (from Poland), availabilities (that all-year-round), of taste and the pro health advantages, different kind of tomatoes (on the circle, raspberry, cocktail, paprika).
For a few last years consumers started attaching the particular attention to home-produced products, native. Certainly however the change of purchase trends is connected with the patriotism but we have to remember that conditions of the cultivation have an intense influence on this change (applied pesticides, genetic modification, chemical security during the journey, long travel time, numerous loading/unloadings).
Imported tomatoes often distinguish than our native with the fact that they have a thick skin. It is special variety for the mass production which withstands long and inconvenient transport. Such tomatoes mostly ripen only in wholesalers / shops, which means that at the moment of picking are immature. In addition, foreign tomatoes are amazingly equal - this is due to the cultivation of genetically modified varieties (for a nice presentation in the shop).
Polish tomatoes are extremely good taste, are much more nutritious because of their fleshiness, they are healthy, sweet, contain many antioxidants, what are cleansing the organism of toxins. Most importantly they are mature. The national tomato supplier is a guarantor of the supply of fresh produce to the consumer.
Nowadays, when we pay so much attention to healthy eating, healthy living - it is worth thinking about how to use the POLISH tomato in a daily diet, how to serve it, learn about its health, use its yearly availability and attractive price.
The Association of Tomatoes and Cucumbers Producers under the Shields prepared these materials as a part of the "POLISH TOMATO" project, as part of an information campaign aimed at presenting the issue consumption of Polish tomatoes.
Tomatoes are a source of vitamins and nutrients, are rich in beta carotene (provitamin A), vitamins C, K, E, B3, B6, folic acid and the biotin. From minerals, tomatoes are richest in potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese, but most of all, tomatoes are extremely rich in lycopene, a valuable antioxidant which is giving red colour to tomatoes
Tomatoes provide little calories and are alkaline.
They are invaluable in diets against obesity, diabetes, rheumatism, arthritis, kidney disease and heart disease. It is recommended especially for young people and children in intensive growth, as well as for person suffering from abnormal stools and constipation. They are calming because they contain bromine salts
Green tomatoes peel - 1 kg, cut into pieces, put into a pot, add sugar, peel and lemon juice.
Heat, stir until jam thickens (about 60 minutes).
Pour over the scented jars, pasteurize in a pot of 30 minutes.
Prepare stuffing: ham, tomatoes and cheese into a small dice and mix all the ingredients. Peel potatoes and cook in salted water. After boiling, knead potatoes. Add groats, baking powder, salt, egg, soft butter. Hand-made dough, filling enough flour to be dense and flexible. Spread the pie about 4 - 5 mm on a flour flake. Cut it into squares with a side of about 6 cm. Place a spoonful of stuffing and squeeze the triangular dumplings on each square. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Yolk mixed with cream, grease the top of the dumplings. Bake 25 minutes at 200 degrees C.
Garlic and onions peel, finely chop. Heat the olive oil in a pan, toss garlic with the onion. Stir fry for a few minutes until softened. Tomatoes bake, peel, cut into halves, cut the roots of the tail. Put in a pot, pour the vegetable broth. Carrot peel and cut into thin slices, toss into the pot. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring to keep the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pot. After this time, mix the soup into a smooth cream and add salt, pepper, a pinch of oregano and thyme. Decorate the soup with basil leaves.
It is an excellent ingredient for preserves. It works great in the kitchen as a green tomato fried, pickled or marinated. When eating green tomatoes, be careful and eat small amounts of their processed foods.
It is characterized by large size fruit and beautiful raspberry color. Its flesh is extremely juicy, fleshy and very tasty with a slightly sweet taste.
Variety with characteristic "peppers" shape. The fruit is small and nicely presented as a side dish. The shape of the peppers distinguishes this variety on the shop shelf.
Miniature tomatoes, called cocktails, are small, juicy and usually sweeter than traditional tomatoes. They are an interesting product that can be used in many ways in the kitchen, but as a distinct decorative element.
(Pomidor ŚLIWKOWY CZERWONY)
Aromatic red fruit. The product is valued for its unique flavor, aroma and its elongated shape. The beauty and sweet taste of tomatoes encourage experimentation in the kitchen.
The black tomato appears in bronze to golden green. Its fruit is sweeter than ordinary tomatoes, with a contrasting slightly acidic note, which makes it unique. This is a good color break salad.
The statutory objectives of the Association are:
1. Representing the collective interests of the members of the Association before the legislative and executive organs, the local bodies of the governmental administration and local government bodies, and the state organizational units, as well as representing the Association's members in relation to third parties and cooperation in the legislative process;
2. Raising the knowledge and skills of effective management of members of the Association;
3. Popularizing the scientific achievements in the field of covered vegetables and participation in research and scientific work;
4. Supporting activities related to the education of the members of the Association, including ecology and the environment;
5. Exchange of market information for greenhouse vegetables, with particular reference to tomatoes and greenhouse cucumbers
6. Promote high quality Polish greenhouse vegetables and their consumption due to their health and taste qualities;
7. Caring for the high quality of tomatoes and cucumbers
8. Promoting the knowledge amongst producers in principles of the common market organisation of fruit and vegetables in states of the European Union;
9. Creating an atmosphere of understanding, trust and respect for the garden environment and society and mutual help;
10. Creating attitudes supporting integration of gardeners - of producers of vegetables under covers;
11. Cultivating the cultural heritage of Polish horticulture;
12. Support for economic development, including the development of entrepreneurship;
13. Supporting the development of the technique, inventions and innovations and spreading and implementing technical new solutions in practice economic;
14. Providing assistance to members of the association in cases associated with purposes of association.
The Association accomplishes its goals by:
1. To cooperate with all in the law enforcement process, particular to express opinions and take a position on issues related to legal acts and their projects and provisions related to vegetable production under cover;
2. Organizing trainings, conferences, conventions, exhibitions, fairs, educational trips, including the support of public funds available for this purpose, and participation in these projects;
3. Initiation and recommendation of system solutions for the development of the greenhouse vegetable sector;
4. Cooperating with scientific units and other institutions or acting independently on the implementation of new means of production, technology, information flow and exchange of experience;
5. Support and inspire studies, research and other activities aimed at ensuring the development of horticulture, including the development of the greenhouse vegetable sector;
6. Activities related to the integration of the members of the Association;
7. Appointing and organizing the activities of committees, working groups and other thematic groups, acting on the basis of the voluntary participation of the members of the Association;
8. Co-operation and association with national, foreign and international organizations of a similar nature;
9. Price monitoring and assistance in purchasing means of production;
10. Attempting to find new markets;
11. Conducting activities popularizing the Association's objectives, publishing, advertising;
12. The association may also be the subject of agreements on joint action for the fulfillment of its own statutory purposes.
Dietla str. 99/4A